Follow these simple steps to get involved!
1. Link with peers who share similar interests.
2. Contact a teacher or other individual and communicate your interest in forming an Envirothon team. Inquire if s/he would be interested in becoming a volunteer advisor.
1. Contact Dr. Betty Holley, Coordinator of Alabama Envirothon, about establishing an envirothon program in your area.. She may be reached at (334)-749-2612 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact your local conservation district about your interest in the program.
2. Recruit students who may be interested in participating in your Envirothon group.
3. Seek out available learning resources and activities for your group. Examples of where to look include your local Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Extension Service, Forestry Association, NRCS, Legacy Inc., local RC&D, Alabama Fish and Game, FFA teachers, Department of Agriculture, and this website. Dr. Holley can also help you find trainers and resource material. Patti Hurley,PAH@adem.state.al.us, and Missy Middlebrooks,email@example.com, are members of ADEM’s Education Outreach program and can be of help.
4.Use these forms to register your teams
1. Assist volunteer advisors with obtaining necessary information and resources for their Envirothon group.
2. Communicate with the Coordinator of Alabama Envirothon for information and available resources.
3. Help promote the Envirothon program in your local area and encourage greater participation by schools and others who may want to get involved.